ant-user mailing list archives

From Saviely <ca...@SDF.lonestar.org>
Subject RE: Classpaths...
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:35:30 GMT
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Diane Holt wrote:
> I think the closest thing to header files in Java would be properties
> files. If you set the properties in various files, your build.xml files
> could read them in as needed using:
>
>   <property file="main.properties"/>
>   <property file="subA.properties"/>
>
> You could use the if/unless constructs to help control which ones are
> actually read in. And <available> might come in handy.

Thanks.. I had not known the property task was so interesting.  That's
what I get for not looking at all the commands.  In the back of my mind
I've been kicking around making a sort of flashy gui tool for making a
build-file automator.  (With of course gratuitous emacs key
bindings..)  The file attribute certainly adds more structure.. doing
this would have been far messier otherwise.

Structuring structured documents,
  Saviely