ant-user mailing list archives

From dona...@mad.scientist.com
Subject Re: Wierd error: Cannot override the method of the same signature.
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 06:17:08 GMT
On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Hamish Currie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get a weird behaviour using ant, If I am compiling my project for the
> first time since a new checkout or removal of the generated class files, I
> get the errors below, it compiles just fine the next time I run ant. I don't
> get these errors when compiling in Kawa, which I believe just passes all the
> files to javac on the cmd line. I am using ant on a windows 98 machine with
> jdk 1.2.2. Any help would be appreciated.

It looks like you are either using wrong javac or somehow
have wrong version of swing on classpath. Make sure there is
no javac in any of windows directories and that you have no
copies of swing in classpath.

Multiple versions of javac is most likely candidate thou.

Cheers,

Pete

| Latrobe University,     | Does the name 'Pavlov' |
| Bundoora, Australia     |    ring a bell ?       |