ant-user mailing list archives

From dona...@mad.scientist.com
Subject Re: Zip task including dirs
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 07:54:36 GMT
On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Will Glozer wrote:

> Hello, I am wondering why the Zip (and thus Jar) tasks include all of the
> parent
> directories for each file?  It seems that the file would just need its full
> path,
> and not a separate zip entry for the directory itself.  This would make
> viewing
> the archives much easier and possibly even reduce their size.

I like that behaviour and need it or else I end up creating
files in directories that's sole purpose is to ensure that
dir gets created. I have done this a lot with OS level zip
utilities and it suxs :<.

An optional attribute that turned of this behaviour would be
okay thou :P

Cheers,

Pete

| Latrobe University,     | Does the name 'Pavlov' |
| Bundoora, Australia     |    ring a bell ?       |