ant-user mailing list archives

From "Glenn McAllister/Toronto/IBM" <gle...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Running ant on a nightly basis?
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:22:10 GMT
I think your needs would have to be pretty sophisticated to need something
beyond cron or at.  Most builds would include some sort of dependency
checking to see what needs to be extracted/grabbed/built/compiled/etc.,
and if there isn't anything to do nothing really happens.

Now, in the case of something like Mozilla, they build on LOTS of
platforms, and they need to keep building constantly to ensure things are
always working.  In that case, after a check-in, you may have your version
control system automatically trigger a build.  Extreme, but you would be
sure that as soon as someone checked something in that couldn't be built,
you would find out.  Trust me, there are people who check stuff in that
doesn't compile.  ("But I only changed one line!")

Glenn McAllister

Please respond to ant-user@jakarta.apache.org