ant-user mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: [Fwd: Problem with <javadoc -group...>]
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:45:19 GMT
Since this is your third call for help, I'll see what I can do for you.

First, do a little RTFM on the Javadoc docs.  The description of how the
-group option of the standard doclet works is there.  In short,

-group "group_heading" "some.*.packages:some.more.*.packages"

The ant docs look out of date.  There is a group attribute, and a group
element.  To use the first,

<javadoc group="group_heading
some.*.packages:some.more.*.packages,another_heading yet.more.packages.*"
...>

It uses comma separated groups of two arguments: the group heading/title,
a space, and a colon separated list of package patterns.

The second method (I'm not sure if this is available in the 1.1 version of
ant, but it is in the CVS version) looks like this

<javadoc ...>
  <group title="group_heading_1"
packages="some.*.packages:some.more.*.packages" />
  <group title="group_heading_2" packages="yet.more.packages.*" />
</javadoc>

IMHO, the second, nested element version is a lot easier to read and
maintain.

Good luck.

Glenn McAllister

Please respond to ant-user@jakarta.apache.org