ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Todd" <ct...@alabanza.com>
Subject RE: File dependencies?
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 18:03:15 GMT
If I'm not mistaken, that is the default behavior of Ant - it checks the
last time modified of each .java file and compares it to any .class files it
finds.  As a matter of fact, from the Ant manual:
Javac
Description
Compiles a source tree within the running (Ant) VM.

The source and destination directory will be recursively scanned for Java
source files to compile. Only Java files that have no corresponding class
file or where the class file is older than the java file will be compiled.

This can be viewed at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-ant/docs/index.html?rev=1
.90&content-type=text/html

Chris Todd