ant-user mailing list archives

From "Marcel Schutte" <mar...@schutte.com>
Subject RE: Classpaths...
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:56:44 GMT
> Should be possible using XML includes, something along the lines of
>
> <!DOCTYPE project PUBLIC "-//ANT//DTD project//EN" "ant.dtd" [
>    <!ENTITY include SYSTEM "header.xml">
> ]>
>
> <project>
>   &header;

> </project>

This example didn't work for me, but the following does:

<!DOCTYPE project PUBLIC "-//ANT//DTD project//EN" "file:./ant.dtd" [
   <!ENTITY include SYSTEM "file:./header.xml">
]>

The capability to use includes is very interesting to me, since large parts
of my build.xml's are identical. When you move the entity definition(s) to
the dtd, you get even more concise build files.
The use of relative URI's ensures that I don't have to write platform
dependent file paths like file://c:/builds/ant.dtd.

Marcel