ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ribeiro, Glauber" <glauber.ribe...@experian.com>
Subject RE: File dependencies?
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 19:35:54 GMT
Barbara,

here's what i was doing wrong, maybe you're having the same problem (maybe
not). The platform, in my case, was Solaris, with java 1.2.1.

I was trying to set up as i usually do with makefiles, having one build.xml
file per package, then a "global" build.xml which used "ant" tasks to run
each of these. Each of the "package" build.xml files had srcdir of ".",
destdir pointing to the project root. Ant was compiling all files each time.

What i had to do was change to one build.xml file for the whole project,
pointing both srcdir and destdir to the project root. Now ant only
recompiles if it has to.

You can use the -v (or -verbose) option to see what files it's actually
compiling.

HTH...

glauber

-----Original Message-----
From: Barbara Samson [mailto:bsamson@vovida.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 1:55 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: Christopher Todd
Subject: Re: File dependencies?

Based on the amount of time it takes to compile, I don't think this check is
happening. It takes me the same amount of time (approx 1 minute) to compile
106
source files after cleaning out the class files as it does
to re-compile the source a second time with the class files still present.

I am running the latest CVS version on Linux.

Barbara

Chris Todd wrote

http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-ant/docs/index.html?rev=1