ant-user mailing list archives

From Brian Levine <BLev...@BlueRipple.com>
Subject Are you using ANT to build J2EE projects?
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:02:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm wondering if folks would mind sharing their experiences using ANT to
build J2EE projects.  I'm developing a system comprised of static HTML,
JSPs, servlets, and EJBs for Weblogic.  I'd be interested in knowing how
you go about building all of this using ANT.

For example:

do you put your EJBs and servlets in separate root directories or are
they combined under a common package hierarchy?

How do you ensure that classes that are common to the EJB interface and
servlet layers don't get included in both the webapp and EJB JAR to
avoid the Weblogic ClassCastException problem?

Do you use the optional weblogic EJB tasks or do you roll your own?

Thanks in advance.

-brian