ant-user mailing list archives

From Will Glozer <will.glo...@jda.com>
Subject RE: Running ant on a nightly basis?
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:37:14 GMT
Well I wrote a little BuildListener implementation that emailed results
when buildFinished() was called.  It detected failure based on the
existance of an Exception in the BuildEvent, which may not be ideal
but seems to work so far.  Oh and I used the -logfile option in Ant 1.2
to write to a log file instead of the screen.

I suppose if you added an email task it wouldn't run if the build failed
since ant would terminate.

BTW the job runs as a scheduled task on WinNT.

Regards,
Will

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Todd [mailto:ctodd@alabanza.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 12:13 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: Christopher Todd
Subject: RE: Running ant on a nightly basis?

I look forward to hearing folks answers on this as well.  We were also
hoping ot set up a nightly Ant build, but I wanted to be able to email a
'build report' as well.  I noticed that an email taskdef was recently
added...can this email task be used to mail Ant's output?

Chris Todd
Software Engineer
ctodd@alabanza.com
Alabanza Corporation