ant-user mailing list archives

From Jason Boehle <>
Subject RE: problems with deltree and delete tasks
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 14:10:44 GMT
Just FYI, I have run into this problem too...

Jason Boehle

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig []
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: problems with deltree and delete tasks

 CN> I'm using the 1.1 distribution (compiled on July 18 2000) the
 CN> task that changes the classpath is:

[...] <javac>

Ant doesn't use a custom classloader here itself, but Sun's javac
(which is called inside the same VM as Ant) seems to use one that
doesn't close the JARs after it has finished its work.

I cannot come up with a workaround for this problem (apart from
Pete's suggestion to use jikes). Maybe we need a fork attribute to run
javac in a separate VM in exactly this situation?

View raw message