ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric van der Vlist <...@dyomedea.com>
Subject Re: Forcing dependencies
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:36:46 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Thanks for explaining this to me Eric.

You're welcome. Sorry to have been unclear the first time.

> A cleaner solution would be to make <style> aware of other files
> involved as well, I agree.

I'll try to come out with a proposal (I can't promise it right now,
though) then.

If I get it right, what you need to do if you want to transform
file1.xml into file2.xml is to use a style task to transform file1.xml
into file1.xml2 and a rename task to rename file1.xml2 into file2.xml.

I am wondering if we don't need either 2 tasks for XSLT transformations
or an enhanced one since there are cases where it would be more
convenient to define transformations over single files (than with the
current matching pattern) and give the file name of the transformation
rather than only its extension.

Another thought (longer term) is that, sometimes, it could be convenient
to define which transformation should be used based upon a doctype or a
namespace rather than on a file name and extension.

Is there any work/thinking running in this direction ?

Thanks

Eric