ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <Jesse.Gl...@netbeans.com>
Subject Re: how do you update a jar
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:24:56 GMT
Paul Arzul wrote:

> On 11 Sep 2000, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
> : >>>>> "PA" == Paul Arzul <patricka@exinet.co.za> writes:
> :
> :  PA> ant ignores my jar task when i specify an already existing jar to
> :  PA> add files too.
> :
> : Because Ant only compares the timestamps of the JAR and the files you
> : specify. If all files you want to add are older than the JAR file
> : itself it figures there is nothing to do.
>
> thanks for the logic. what ant can do appears sufficient. if
> i following your reasoning, then if i create the static.jar
> before doing the build, it should update the jar?
>
> i've tried this, but it *overwrites* the existing
> static.jar.

If everything that should go into static.jar is present in the list of
files you specify to the <jar> task, then the easiest way to force it to
always pick them is simply <delete> the JAR before you run the <jar>
task.

But if you have other files in the static.jar, and you want to add to
them with files you specify in the task (leaving the extra files alone),
then you should use the jlink task I guess.

-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick   <mailto:Jesse.Glick@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR