ant-user mailing list archives

From Raf Colson <raf.col...@alcatel.be>
Subject loading properties from file not working as expected
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:07:27 GMT
Hello,

I have two build files in different directories.
The first one loads properties from a file called build.properties
located in the same directory as the build.xml file. I've set the
project's basedir to "." :

<project name="utilities" default="compile" basedir=".">
  <target name="init">
    <property file="build.properties" />
  </target>

The second buildfile uses the ant task to call a target in the first
buildfile.
   <ant dir="absolutePathToFirstBuildFile" target="init" />

When I run Ant with the second buildfile, Ant doesn't find the
propertiesfile. When I move the propertiesfile to the directory where
the second buildfile is located, then it will be found. Is this the
normal behavior, or is this a bug?

greetings
Raf