ant-user mailing list archives

From Patrice CADET <patrice.ca...@depinfo.enseeiht.fr>
Subject Re: Trying to javadoc more than one package
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2000 06:55:17 GMT
David Shepherd wrote:

> I'm having trouble using the javadoc task to doc more than one package.
> The docs say to use a space separated list of packages ending in a
> wildcard.
>
> I've tried <javadoc packagenames="com.package.one.* com.package.two.*"
> but I get [javadoc] javadoc: No packages or classes specified.
>
> It works if I javadoc one package at a time but then of course the
> second overwrites the first.
>
> Anyone got this working - please let me know.
>
> I'm using nightly build 2000-09-06.

            Hello,

    I was faced with the same problem few days ago. I don't find the best
solution.
    So as to generate javadoc for packages, I use an independent file
which contains all the package name. The syntax of this file is :
                com.package.one
                com.package.two

    And the corresponding task in the built. xml is :
            <javodoc packagenames="@packagedescriptionFile" ...../>*

    That all folk!