ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: clean way to stop building?
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:40:28 GMT
At 03:29  19/9/00 +0200, you wrote:
>I was wandering if there exists a clean way to stop the buildproces, for
>example when some resource (like a property file) is not available I
>don't want the buildproces to continue. I'd like to see it stop with
>some message indicating what was wrong.

Someone just submitted a patch a few hours to do just that may make it into
build soon (hopefully) - otherwise if you got a recent version there is a
task fail that can be used to do the same. You can make it exist in a
target that has unless="my-property" so that it will not get executed when
property is set. Then just add it into dependencie of all targets.

Cheers,

Pete