ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Are you using ANT to build J2EE projects?
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:23:09 GMT
>do you put your EJBs and servlets in separate root directories or are they
>combined under a common package hierarchy?

I would always recommend that they always go under a common source
directory and you use include/exclude to remove stuff you don't want
compiled/jarred etc.

>How do you ensure that classes that are common to the EJB interface and
servlet
>layers don't get included in both the webapp and EJB JAR to avoid the
Weblogic
>ClassCastException problem?

It is easy enough to seperate them out. Have a look at the Avalon build
file. It builds four or five jars from a single source tree and does it
easily :P

http://www.working-dogs.com/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/framework/build.xml?
rev=1.58&content-type=text/plain

is a good example (except for some of doc building) of stuff that you can do.

Cheers,

Pete