ant-user mailing list archives

From "Cornelissen, Frans [JanBe]" <FCORN...@janbe.jnj.com>
Subject A problem with my Ant build file (Task "java")
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 07:11:11 GMT
Hello,

I have this problem with Ant:

when I use my build.xml, my files get compiled and
are placed in the right directory, but the target "run" doesn't work.

In this target, the built in task "java" is used. Could it be that
there's something wrong with this task?

<target name="init">
  <property name="src" value="src" />
  <property name="build" value="build" />
  <property name="class_path" value="build" />
 </target>

<target name="run" depends="compile">
  <java classname="Test" classpath="${class_path}" args="test 1 2"/>
 </target>

The directory structure is:

..

----- testAnt

           ---------- build (created by build.xml - will contain all the
class file)
           ---------- src
           ---------- build.xml

The basedir is "testAnt", the properties "build" and "class_path" are set to
"build".
No packages are used in the source files.
When I type "java -cp build Test" on the command line, no problems arise and
my program is
shown.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,

JAN SMETS

--
 Best regards,
 vriendelijke groeten,

 Frans Cornelissen  tel 32-14-60-3327
 Janssen Research Foundation fax 32-14-605788
 Turnhoutseweg 30  e-mail fcorneli@janbe.jnj.com
 B2340 Beerse, Belgium