ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: question on built in task war
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2000 19:54:07 GMT
--- Daniel Thomas McFadden <gldneyes6@hotmail.com> wrote:
> using ant version 1.1 the following line
> <war warfile="${application}${DSTAMP}.war" webxml="${application}.xml">
> produces
>
> build.xml:38: Could not create task of type: war because I can't find it
> in the list of task class definitions
>
> I couldn't find any information on what might be wrong and was hoping
> someone had some help other than write your own war task =P

The <war> task was added to CVS on 9/15. You can:
 - Pick up a later build from CVS, or
 - pick up the War.java source-file, compile it, and add it to your
   ant.jar file. Then, either:
    - edit:

.../jakarta-ant/src/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/defaults.properties
      to include it, or
    - use:
      <taskdef name="war"
         classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.War" />
      in your build.xml file
   If you don't want to add it to your ant.jar file, I believe you
   could also just include the classfile in the $LOCALCLASSPATH that
   gets set in the ant wrapper-script (but I haven't done it that way,
   so I can't say for sure).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)