ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Classpaths...
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 01:07:44 GMT
--- "D'Souza, Sudeep" <Sudeep.DSouza@gs.com> wrote:
> Yup got this working thanks a lot but I have another query....
> 	Can I set my classpath and other properties in one project and
> include this project in other project and before I build any targets I
> want
> these variables setup...
> 	I want to put all these properties in something similar to header
> files and include this in all the other projects.

I think the closest thing to header files in Java would be properties
files. If you set the properties in various files, your build.xml files
could read them in as needed using:

  <property file="main.properties"/>
  <property file="subA.properties"/>

You could use the if/unless constructs to help control which ones are
actually read in. And <available> might come in handy.

BTW: If any ant-dev'ers are reading this -- it could prove to be useful if
you could use the name= along with the file=, and just pull the one(s) you
want from the file instead of getting them all. I haven't really been
using properties files much yet (but I intend to), so I can't say for sure
if I'd ever need that functionality, but I could guess I might.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)