ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can I print value of properties....
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 00:33:50 GMT
--- Nico Seessle <nico@seessle.de> wrote:
> If you need more dynamic behaviour you can try to use one of the nightly
> builds or have a look at the 'antcall'-task which reparses your file and
> allows you to dynamically define properties using nested <param/>-tags
> (if they are not already defined in your buildfile).

I tried using <ant> to pass in a new value for a property had already been
set, but it looks like, even though the time when the properties are
evaluated has changed, the immutability hasn't. (If I'm wrong, and there
is a way to do it, I'd love to hear about it.)

So I use <exec> to execute "sh ant -Dsomeprop=newvalue sometarget". Which
could be completely against the law -- but it does I what I need doing :)
(You do end up with all your build output for that target being preceeded
by an [exec] -- but I can live with that for now.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)