ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using nested <arg>s with <java> task
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:31:36 GMT
I need to pass a number of defines to a java command, so do I use <arg> in
the <java> task like this:

<arg value="-Dfoo=bar"/>
<arg value="-Dbaz=boz"/>

to get a java command line like:

java -Dfoo=bar -Dbaz=boz COM.foo.bar.Main

Unfortunately, when you run -verbose, the <java> task doesn't show the
actual command line it's sending -- it just says:
  [java] Calling COM.foo.bar.Main

I'm getting a null pointer exception, and I'm guessing it might be that
the defines aren't coming down the line right, but I can't really tell
without seeing what the actual command line looks like.

I've tried various variations on using value vs. line, but all to no
avail.

Thanks,
Diane

=====