ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Listing filenames vs. using wildcards
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 04:23:36 GMT
It takes Ant 48 seconds to determine it needs to compile 1 out of 10
source files, if I list the source files by name in the target. If I use a
*.java wildcard instead, it takes 11 seconds. Does that sound right? What
would it be about listing the files by name that would account for the
difference in time?

Actually, Ant seems slow in general. It takes 3 minutes for it to decide
it doesn't need to recompile any of 115 source files (it takes Jam less
than 2 seconds to figure out the same thing). Do the Ant times seem right,
or could my build.xml file just be set up really poorly? (I'm just
starting to try and use Ant, so that's a real possibility.) Are there
known ways to optimize the build.xml file for fastest results?

Thanks,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)