ant-user mailing list archives

From "Hamish Currie" <hamish-apa...@vp.list.to>
Subject Wierd error: Cannot override the method of the same signature.
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 05:15:05 GMT
Hi,

I get a weird behaviour using ant, If I am compiling my project for the
first time since a new checkout or removal of the generated class files, I
get the errors below, it compiles just fine the next time I run ant. I don't
get these errors when compiling in Kawa, which I believe just passes all the
files to javac on the cmd line. I am using ant on a windows 98 machine with
jdk 1.2.2. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Hamish Currie
[javac] error: The method com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessibleContext
getAccessibleContext() declared in class com.sun.java.swing.JComponent
cannot override the method of the same signature declared in class
java.awt.Component.  They must have the same return type.
[javac] error: The method com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessibleContext
getAccessibleContext() declared in class com.sun.java.swing.JFrame cannot
override the method of the same signature declared in class java.awt.Frame.
They must have the same return type.