ant-user mailing list archives

From martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com (Martin Cooper)
Subject Re: ant 1.2
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 01:07:29 GMT
Would you consider a Milestone Build (as defined on the Jakarta web site),
if a 1.2 Release Build isn't likely any time soon?

There are two reasons I'm asking.

1) I'm starting a new project, and there are some 1.2 features (e.g. <war>,
to name just one) that would be very useful, instead of having to work
around them with 1.1 and then change my build files when 1.2 is released

2) My project uses Jakarta Struts, which does not build with Ant 1.1
(because of its use of the <style> task).

Using nightly builds seems a bit risky for a commercial project on a
deadline, so I'd really like to see something a bit more stable sometime in
the fairly near future, if that's at all feasible.

Thanks!

--
Martin Cooper
Tumbleweed Communications