ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scotte Zinn" <sz...@patronix.com>
Subject Question about warning message: file modified in the future
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 00:57:44 GMT
I'm running on a Win98 system and frequently (but not always) get this
warning message when I am compiling files in my build tree just after
copying them from my source tree.

The code generating the message (in Javac.java) is:

                if (srcFile.lastModified() > now) {
                    log("Warning: file modified in the future: " +
                        files[i], Project.MSG_WARN);
                }

I also remember reading somewhere that the Windows filesystem has an
accuracy of 2 seconds and I'm wondering it that is what is causing the error
message.  I don't know of any other way to cause this message to be
generated.

In any case, what is the purpose of having this message being displayed?

-- Scotte