ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mads Andersen" <mads...@pop.k-net.dk>
Subject Re: Ant can't find custom task
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 23:31:06 GMT
> If you run using the -verbose argument you should get a line which starts
> like this "Setting project property: java.class.path ->". Is your
> classpath correctly specified on this line?

Hmmm... there's something very odd about this whole thing. Suddenly Ant
couldn't find sun.tools.javac.Main, even though it was clearly in the
classpath. I copied tools.jar to the blabla\lib\ext directory (which is a
way to add jars without putting it in the classpath). Now that works.

What's the deal with this? Clearly something is odd about the whole search
for classes in Ant. My own introspection stuff works great, which the
following test shows:

public class Introspect {

        try {
            Class clazz =
Class.forName("com.madsie.util.xsl.XSLTransformTask");

            System.out.println("Class " + clazz + " found.");
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }
}

Which works great (prints "Class class com.madsie.util.xsl.XSLTransformTask
found.").

I've attached the output from running with -verbose.

BTW: I'm using jdk1.3 under WinME.

Best regards, Madsie