ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandre POLOZOFF  " <diam...@polozoff.com>
Subject RE:[Re: using system environment variable within ANT?]
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 17:18:00 GMT
You're right, -D is the way to do it.  Thank you.

-Alexandre

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:59:49 -0700 (PDT)
   Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:
- - -

--- Alexandre POLOZOFF   <diamond@polozoff.com> wrote:
> I have a build.cmd file that sets the environment variable ANT_COMPILER
> to jikes if the jikes compiler is installed. I set build.compiler to
> ${ant_compiler} I get an error from ant that it does not know how to use
> ${ant_compiler} so it is obviously not expanding my tag... how can I get
> this to work?

If you run Ant using a cover-script, you can include a define (on the
command-line in the script that calls Ant) based on your environment
compiler variable. For example (for sh - sorry, can't remember cmd
parlance):

$JAVACMD -classpath $LOCALCLASSPATH -Dbuild.compiler=$ANT_COMPILER
$ANT_OPTS org.apache.tools.ant.Main $@

Alternatively, you could include commands in your build.cmd file to output
to an Ant properties file a line like:
build.compiler=jikes

Hope this helps (and that I got it right -- I'm still learning Ant as well
:)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

http://mail.yahoo.com/

---
Alexandre POLOZOFF
Project:  Diamond Technology Partners
Project Email: diamond@polozoff.com
Tel +1 312-475-8751
Mobile +1 312-371-3015

---
Sent via the OfficeServant.com web-mail server
Come to the free anytime, anywhere web-based office applications server