ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@seessle.de>
Subject Re: Generate out of an idl-file sources and compile them ...
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:22:35 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hanusch, Hartwig" <Hartwig.Hanusch@fja.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 8:39 AM
Subject: AW: Generate out of an idl-file sources and compile them ...

> > Have you tried using the (new) <uptodate> task to time-check your
> > source-idl against the produced .java files?
>
> Well no, we use ant 1.1 in our project. How stable are the alpha
> releases of ant 1.2?

Just my personal opinion:

In regard to quality: Very stable (perhaps much more stable as 1.1 since
testcases were added and many tasks are now handling wrong usage instead and
throw BuildExceptions instead just throwing NullPointerExceptions). There
are many changes which *may* require you go over your buildfile and check if
it's compatible with 1.2 (especially with property-expansion).Many people
are using it and have no problems (but this is so for Windows also :-) )

In regard to code stability (or tasks that may change their behaviour from
one day to the next): Who knows in a development branch :-)

Nico