ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Are you using ANT to build J2EE projects?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:04:25 GMT
Brian,

Yes.

> I'm developing a system comprised of static HTML,
> JSPs, servlets, and EJBs for Weblogic.  I'd be interested in knowing how
> you go about building all of this using ANT.
> For example:
> do you put your EJBs and servlets in separate root directories or are they
> combined under a common package hierarchy?

We have separate source trees and build scripts for the EJBs and the
servlets/taglibs.

> How do you ensure that classes that are common to the EJB interface and
servlet
> layers don't get included in both the webapp and EJB JAR to avoid the
Weblogic
> ClassCastException problem?

It can be a tricky problem. In general we treat the servlet layer as a
client of
the EJB layer and deploy a jar containing the EJB interfaces and RMI stubs
on the
servlet machine.

> Do you use the optional weblogic EJB tasks or do you roll your own?

We use the optional EJB tasks (of course :-))

Conor