ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Are you using ANT to build J2EE projects?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:04:19 GMT
Peter,

> >do you put your EJBs and servlets in separate root directories
> or are they
> >combined under a common package hierarchy?
>
> I would always recommend that they always go under a common source
> directory and you use include/exclude to remove stuff you don't want
> compiled/jarred etc.

We do things a little differently. We generally have one tree per jar. This
ensures a strict dependency relationship between our jars. With a single
tree, it would be possible for the compiler to bring in classes which you
had intended to exclude. The separation of trees, supported by the ant
script enforces the strict dependencies between jars. You have to be more
careful to avoid that in a single tree.

Conor