ant-user mailing list archives

From "Wes Moulder" <wmoul...@axyssolutions.com>
Subject random null directory?
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:23:23 GMT
I've got a batch file I use to set some properties that get passed into Ant.
These properties are set in Ant as well, but I use the batch file to keep
all the environmental information in one place between multiple people
working on the same project.  The project is not all ant, so I have to keep
the environment set in a batch file.  U would rather not have to set it
multiple places.
That being said, if my batch file passes in a variable that happens to be
"", it doesn't fail, instead it treats it as the string "null".  One of the
directories I pass in is the "library" directory, for where I want all my
jar files to go once I create them.  If this isn't set, though, it becomes
"null", even though it's set in my xml file. Since it's not got a path, it
becomes "${CWD}\null", making everything into there.  This is annoying but
would not be disasterous if I were using all ant...  As it is, various tests
look for the jars in the appropriate library directory, and fail because
they can't find them.  In the interests of "Fail early, fail meaningfully.",
I want to know if it's possible to make it fail if a variable is not set
(set to "null")?
Thanks in advance,
Wes Moulder