We enable our developers to specify various properties as environment variables.  We then have lightweight scripts (both .bat and shell scripts) that invoke ant passing these environment variables on the command line using -D.

-b

-----Original Message-----
From: KC Baltz [mailto:KBaltz@responsenetworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 9:45 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: How do you support customization of your build files?

I have a build.xml for our project that I'd like to share with co-workers.
However, I'm constantly updating it and I'd like them to be able to get
those changes without having to re-enter all their specific details (install
dir, build dir...) in the properties.  How do people handle this?  I'm
looking for a solution like an include directive where the properties would
be in a separate .xml file that would be included in the master one.

K.C. Baltz