ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Creating a list of files for a task
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 08:22:49 GMT

 MD> Hello, I have a build target that runs java on a class file.  One
 MD> of the parameters to the class file is a listing of certain files
 MD> in a directory structure.  For example:

 MD> java Maker dir1/file.in dir1/file2.in dir2/file3.in dirN/fileM.in

You can't do this in Ant 1.1 but the next version of Ant will have a
functionality like this. Using current CVS and the undocumented execon
task this will look like

<execon executable="java" parallel="yes">
  <arg value="-classpath" />
  <arg value="${classpath}" />
  <arg value="Maker" />
  <fileset dir="dir1">
    <patternset id=".in">
      <include name="**/*.in">
    </patternset>
  </fileset>
  <fileset dir="dir2">
    <patternsetref refid=".in" />
  </fileset>
</execon>

which could be shortened to a single fileset if you don't need
different patterns for the different directories and all dirs share a
common root.

I'm just throwing out a couple of new concepts without explaining
them, I know. I hope you can grasp the idea from the snippet above -
the syntax may change before we get to a release though.

Stefan