ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Nested property expansion...
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:56:46 GMT

 SZ> I don't know if there is a Java/Ant equivalent, but DMake had
 SZ> this nested macro ability.  It made making multi-platform
 SZ> makefiles easy to do.  For example, if you had different CFLAGS
 SZ> for each of the platforms, you would use:

 SZ> $(CFLAGS_$(PLATFORM))

I think I get the idea, but probably this would be solved with
attributes to tasks, much like

<javadoc maxmemory="128m" ... />

which generates -J-mx128m in JDK 1.1 and -J-Xmx128m in JDK >=1.2.

What I'm trying to say is that the task can detect which platform it
is running on and choose the right arguments itself.

We might get into trouble with <cc> tasks but at the moment we are
still rather Java centric.

Stefan