ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Retting a property
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 06:35:49 GMT

 MB> Hi, Can I reset/change a property name once it's been set?

No, not in Ant 1.1. This has been one of the major changes, properties
cannot be changed by subsequent <property> constructs.

 MB> When I run the target below this doesn't seenm to work....

Rewrite this as

<target name="ejb" depends="share">
  <ant antfile="ejbBuild.xml" dir="${basedir}">
    <property name="ejbName" value="SessionManagerBean" />
    <property name="ejbDirectory" value="sessionmanager" />
  </ant>

  <ant antfile="ejbBuild.xml" dir="${basedir}">
    <property name="ejbName" value="AppManagerBean" />
    <property name="ejbDirectory" value="appmanager" />
  </ant>
</target>

<ant> has a nested <property> subelement. These properties are treated
by the subbuild just like properties you had defined on the command
line. These properties will not be available to the top level project.

Stefan