ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: can ant take advantage of multiple cpu's?
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 10:09:16 GMT
On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Jeroen Breedveld wrote:

> Is it possible to take advantage of multiple cpu's when you're compiling
> with ant on a solaris machine with 4 cpu's?
> If you use for example 4 ant task in one buildfile, will to those processes
> run in parallel?

Not with the base ant. I believe someone patched it to do
just that and sent diffs to list so you could search
archives to get it. However all in all it was not seen as a
good thing IIRC - at least not yet at this stage of Ants

| Latrobe University,     | Does the name 'Pavlov' |
| Bundoora, Australia     |    ring a bell ?       |

View raw message