ant-user mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: How do I prevent Ant from scanning a directory?
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:54:03 GMT
You didn't actually tell ant not to go there, you told it not to include
that set of files/directories in the final list of files.  The directory
scanner is examining pretty much everything under src_dir, becuase you
told it to include _all_ .java files under src_dir.   You might want to be
more specific in your listing of *.java files, like

<include name="com/nortel/pkg/i/want/**/*.java"/>

This might bypass the com/nortel/spiff directory, because it will figure
out that the directory will never statisfy the include directive.  You'd
have to give it a shot though, as I haven't tried it.

Glenn McAllister
Software Developer, IBM Toronto Lab, (416) 448-3805

Please respond to ant-user@jakarta.apache.org