ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Klein <Michael.Kl...@agilesoft.com>
Subject RE: deleting *~ with 'build clean'
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:23:18 GMT
Thanks, that works.  I'll try to read the manual more carefully before I ask my other questions...
(I do remember reading that section, but I guess it
didn't register).

-mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Grindstaff [mailto:chrisg@appliedreasoning.com]
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2000 2:59 PM
To: Michael Klein
Cc: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Re: deleting *~ with 'build clean'

Mike,
     By default the Ant excludes "**/*~" files.  You need to indicate
in your task that you do not want the default behavior.  You do that
by adding the "defaultexcludes" attribute.

So you would specify
<delete dir="." includes="**/*~" defaultexcludes="no" />

This is in the Ant User Manual BTW.

HTH,
Chris

Monday, August 14, 2000, 5:39:06 PM, Michael Klein wrote:
MK> As part of 'build clean', I'm trying to delete emacs '~' files in the source directory
with the following task directive:

MK> <delete dir="." includes="**/*~"/>

MK> but it seems like <delete> isn't being invoked at all.  The best I can get it
is an error message if I give a bad directory, but I can't seem to
MK> actually get it to delete anything using the 'dir=' parameter.  Am I doing something
wrong?

MK> I've also tried various permutations:

MK> <delete dir="javasrc" includes="*.java~"/>
MK> <delete dir="javasrc/" includes="*.java~"/
MK> <delete dir="javasrc/com/mycompany/mypackage" includes="*.java~"/>

MK> And none of these actually delete anything.  Setting 'verbose="true"' doesn't give
any extra info.

--
Chris Grindstaff
chrisg@appliedReasoning.com  |  www.appliedReasoning.com