ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Klein <Michael.Kl...@agilesoft.com>
Subject deleting *~ with 'build clean'
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:39:06 GMT
As part of 'build clean', I'm trying to delete emacs '~' files in the source directory with
the following task directive:

<delete dir="." includes="**/*~"/>

but it seems like <delete> isn't being invoked at all.  The best I can get it is an
error message if I give a bad directory, but I can't seem to
actually get it to delete anything using the 'dir=' parameter.  Am I doing something wrong?

I've also tried various permutations:

<delete dir="javasrc" includes="*.java~"/>
<delete dir="javasrc/" includes="*.java~"/
<delete dir="javasrc/com/mycompany/mypackage" includes="*.java~"/>

And none of these actually delete anything.  Setting 'verbose="true"' doesn't give any extra
info.

I'm working on WindowsNT.

-mike