ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bemowski, Paul A" <pbemow...@z-tel.com>
Subject RE: Ant and IDL compilers ?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 19:48:53 GMT
Both great ideas, that I never thought of!! I'm going to add one of these to
a couple obscure build processes I have created custom tasks for.  With a
custom task don't even need to put a file name in the build.xml, I can build
it into my custom task.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Paul Bemowski

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Cohen [mailto:bhcohen@mail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 3:40 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Ant and IDL compilers ?

I was thinking something along the lines of a
custom task which would be told (in build.xml)
the name of the idl file, and the name of any
one of the many java files produced by execution
of idl2java.
So the task would compare the timestamp on the
idl file to the java file and run idl2java if the
idl file is more recent.

Another thing I've seen done (with make files)
is to compare the timestamp on the idl file to
an empty dummy file which gets created ('touch')
after idl2java is run.  This keeps the build
system from having to know anything about the
names of the .java files generated by idl2java

-Bruce