ant-user mailing list archives

From Brian Levine <BLev...@BlueRipple.com>
Subject RE: How do you support customization of your build files?
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:05:58 GMT
We enable our developers to specify various properties as environment
variables.  We then have lightweight scripts (both .bat and shell
scripts) that invoke ant passing these environment variables on the
command line using -D.

-b

-----Original Message-----
From: KC Baltz [mailto:KBaltz@responsenetworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 9:45 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: How do you support customization of your build files?

I have a build.xml for our project that I'd like to share with
co-workers.
However, I'm constantly updating it and I'd like them to be able to get
those changes without having to re-enter all their specific details
(install
dir, build dir...) in the properties.  How do people handle this?  I'm
looking for a solution like an include directive where the properties
would
be in a separate .xml file that would be included in the master one.

K.C. Baltz