ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Williamson <>
Subject can't find class Javac
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:50:44 GMT

I am just switching my project over to using ant and I'm having
a few problems running it on my linux box. Ant does not seem
to be able to load

now - tools.jar IS on the classpath. The available task
<available classname="" property="whatever" />
fails (ie. noclassdeffound) and most mysteriously
if I run the following test code

public class test
	public void poo()
            		System.out.println("And the problems is.....");
		catch( Exception e)
			System.out.println("There has been an error:" +
		test t= new test();

it works fine. Can anyone help me with this or point me
towards a resource that has info on this

Mark Williamson
Senior Software Engineer
appropria inc
TEL - +44 (0)1698 543115

Please note that information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
for the use of the addressee only. It may be legally privileged. If you have
received the e-mail in error, any copying, use or dissemination of it is
strictly prohibited and you should inform us immediately of its receipt.

View raw message