ant-user mailing list archives

From "Doremieux, Olivier" <Olivier.Doremi...@fc.celera.com>
Subject RE: Excec question
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 16:46:06 GMT
No matter which version of ant I am using (1.1 official release or 1.2 Alpha
08/08/2000), when I do <exec dir="${src}" command="dir /s" os="windows"
output="${basedir}/dir.txt" />, I get nothing, no file called dir.txt is
created, no error message on the screen, is somebody successfull with exec?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@bost.de]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 6:51 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Excec question

 JG> Isn't this still the case for Exec.output attribute?

Yes and no. You are looking at Exec, while <exec> now invokes ExecTask
(where the argument to setOutput is a File).

ExecTask is a (build file compatible) replacement for Exec. Exec is
still there for people who have built there own tasks that inherit
from Exec and will go away after the next release (it is deprecated in
the current CVS version).

Stefan