ant-user mailing list archives

From KC Baltz <KBa...@responsenetworks.com>
Subject RE: How do you support customization of your build files?
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:30:25 GMT
Thanks!  That's exactly what I was looking for.

K.C.

-----Original Message-----
From: glennm@ca.ibm.com [mailto:glennm@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 10:07 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: How do you support customization of your build files?

<property file="my/project.properties" />

This loads a list of properties from the file.  Standard Java property file
format

name=value

Glenn McAllister

Please respond to ant-user@jakarta.apache.org

To:        "'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:

I have a build.xml for our project that I'd like to share with co-workers.
However, I'm constantly updating it and I'd like them to be able to get
those changes without having to re-enter all their specific details (install
dir, build dir...) in the properties.  How do people handle this?  I'm
looking for a solution like an include directive where the properties would
be in a separate .xml file that would be included in the master one.

K.C. Baltz