ant-user mailing list archives

From KC Baltz <KBa...@responsenetworks.com>
Subject RE: How to use jike for java compiler
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:03:55 GMT
The message you received when you subscribed to this list had information
about the archive.

K.C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yun Sang Jung [mailto:navidad@channeli.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 8:11 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to use jike for java compiler

<http://webmail.channeli.net/webmail/button.php3?id=mxpjkkqwbidnavidad&user=
navidad>

Hi.. ant users..

I just subscribed this mailing list.

Is there ant archive on this mailing list?

If yes, please tell me URL to pre-search the archive first!

I could not use jikes instead of modern compiler.

If there is a fault in my step, please tell me the right way to use it.

My Environment =========================

Windows 2000 professional

JDK 1.3 from SUN

Tomcat 3.2 beta 2

Jakarta struts

Jakarta ant Nightly build (maybe over 1.1)

My Step =================================

0.I downloaded jikes106 from IBM

1.unzip jikes and copy jikes.exe to %JAVA_HOME%\bin(this directory is
already in PATH)

2.I set JIKESPATH to point rt.jar in %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\rt.jar

3.I added  to build.xml file in tomcat to use jikes.

Then I tried build script my web-application. Too many error message
appears.

one of messages is ==============================================

    [javac] *** Error: Type com/navidad/msg/server/LUMS was not found.

Right!

This classe is not located in my system CLASSPATH. But this file has been

dynamically generated my source file after compilation and  located at

%TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\struts\WEB-INF\classes.

I tried and tried to run build script although error message. (3rd times)

Then, there is no compilation error and all of my classes are compiled
completely at last running build script.

below code is a part of my build.xml file===========================

SUMMARY

When I use modern compiler, that is good. There is no error message and

all of my class file are perfectly generated. But I semi(?)-failed, when I
uses Jike

instead of modern compiler.

Any Idea?

Regards,