ant-user mailing list archives

From KC Baltz <KBa...@responsenetworks.com>
Subject How should multiple targets on the command line work?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:51:20 GMT
I often run ant like this:

ant target1 target2 target3

What I've found is that this has the same effect as running
ant target1
ant target2
and target3

In other words, even if target1 and target2 depend on the same tasks, those
tasks still get run twice.  I didn't see anything in the docs saying how
this should work, so this is not neccesarily a bug.  I would just like the
speed improvement that comes with not reevaluating targets unneccesarily.  I
would kind of like to see it work as a sort-of "ad-hoc dependency
definition".  So specifying "target1 target2 target3" implies target2
depends on target1 and target3 depends on target2.

K.C.