ant-user mailing list archives

From Richard Landon <>
Subject RE: Ant dependency evaluation (NT platform): class files are alwa ys out of date?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:58:45 GMT
I'll give it a spin.

BTW, thanks for the help. I must say you ant guys are really responsive.
I wish some of our system vendors (J2EE servers and stuff) where as
responsive as you guys (and gosh, we actually PAY them!)

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Donald []
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 6:04 AM
Subject: RE: Ant dependency evaluation (NT platform): class files are
always out of date?

At 01:07  15/8/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Wow, thanks.
>I have attached the build.xml, the script that drives it (, a
>script I use
>to force a complete rebuild (, and a log of the output
>I'm sure its something stupid I've done

not stupid - just something that ant likes you to do differently :P.

What I would do is make a new directory src and then point your source to
that. Currently you point to the com subdirectory in source directory. ie
change it to look like

   deprecation="on" />

The reason is that Ant scans the source directory to check dependancies.
How ever you point the sourcedirectory to com. So when it parses one of
your files
say com/youbet/ewager/util/
it will read the package as "com.youbet.ewager.util".
then it will look for a file named in correct directory.

as you set sourcedirectory as ./com it will look for

which doesn't exists - so it will think it has to rebuil;d it again.

Hope that helps :P