ant-user mailing list archives

From Richard Landon <RLan...@youbet.com>
Subject RE: can't find class Javac
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:00:15 GMT
Quickly, off the top of my head, always keep in mind that Java is
case-sensitive,
so main and Main are not the same thing. Look in tools.jar file and make
sure
there is a Main (not a main). I would also look in the jar manifeast file
(extracted
from the tools.jar file on Linux using jar -xf .., from
somewhere "safe") and make sure that the Main class specifications match the
main
or Main sensitivity apporpriately for the javac class file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Williamson [mailto:Mark.Williamson@Appropria.com]
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2000 8:51 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: can't find class Javac

Hi,

I am just switching my project over to using ant and I'm having
a few problems running it on my linux box. Ant does not seem
to be able to load com.sun.tools.javac.Main.

now - tools.jar IS on the classpath. The available task
<available classname="com.sun.tools.javac.Main" property="whatever" />
fails (ie. noclassdeffound) and most mysteriously
if I run the following test code

public class test
{
	public void poo()
	{
	try
		{
            		Class.forName("com.sun.tools.javac.Main");
            		System.out.println("And the problems is.....");
		}
		catch( Exception e)
		{
			System.out.println("There has been an error:" +
e.getMessage());
		}
	}

	{
		test t= new test();
		t.poo();
	}
}

it works fine. Can anyone help me with this or point me
towards a resource that has info on this

cheers

Mark Williamson
Senior Software Engineer
appropria inc
http://www.appropria.com
TEL - +44 (0)1698 543115

Please note that information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
for the use of the addressee only. It may be legally privileged. If you have
received the e-mail in error, any copying, use or dissemination of it is
strictly prohibited and you should inform us immediately of its receipt.