ant-user mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: Using if/unless within a target
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 20:49:13 GMT

Don't use property substitution.  Do

<target name="test1" depends="check_for_depend" if="string.present">
</target>

The if attribute is simply expecting the name of the attribute.  The way
you have it coded, ant will replace string.present with ${string.present},
since it can't find it at parse time (unless they've changed things in the
week that I've been on vacation).  Just before the target is executed, it
looks for property ${string.present}, not string.present.

Glenn McAllister
TID - Software Developer - VisualAge for Java
IBM Toronto Lab, (416) 448-3805

Please respond to ant-user@jakarta.apache.org